greaterrockridgencpc cr

When Crime Occurs

If you see a crime in progress, call the police!

Only call 911 from a land line!

From a cell phone call 777-3211 which routes directly to OPD dispatch.  For MEDICAL OR FIRE EMERGENCIES ONLY, you can call the Fire Department directly at 510-444-1616.

To report a crime that has already happened, call the non-emergency number 777-3333, or fill in OPD's Online Crime Reporting form.  You'll find the link on their Report a Crime page.

Send OPD an Anonymous Tip

Crime Stoppers of Oakland 
    (510) 777-8572
Homicide / Robbery Tipline
    (510) 238-7950
Illegal Drugs
   (510) 238-3784
OPD Sexual Assault Hotline
   (510) 637-0298



Next NCPC Meeting

The Greater Rockridge NCPC meets on the 2nd Thursday of even numbered months:  February, April, June, August, October, and December. 

Our next meeting is the annual joint meeting with the Rockridge Community Planning Council, which will take place on the 3rd Thursday:

Date: June 20, 2019
Time:  7:30 PM
Location:  Rockridge Library, College and Manila

Email the NCPC at if you have items you'd like to add to the NCPC agenda.  Click here to see the current agenda.

What Beat do I Live In?

To see a map of all of Oakland's police beats, check the Police District Locator.  Enter your address and the map will show what beat you're in.

To find the Neighborhood Council (or Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council) for your beat, check the Neighborhood Councils page on the city web site, where you'll find a map of Neighborhood Councils and a Neighborhood Council meeting schedule.

I'd like to quote from today's column by Matier & Ross, in the San Francisco Chronicle:

What goes into the official crime stats?  Police responses and victims' reports.  A 911 call with no followup doesn't count.

Since Matier & Ross are in San Francisco, this is almost certainly San Francisco policy.  I don't know if it is also Oakland policy.  How much do we want to bet that Oakland doesn't use this policy?

Consider that.  You find that your car was broken into, or your house was burgled.  You call OPD (not 911 - call 510-777-3211, because this crime is over and done with.  911 is for crimes in progress.)  and tell the dispatcher.  You may even get an incident number.  If you don't also go to the police web site and report the crime online, there will be no record.  It never happened.

The crime reporting link is on the top of the front page of the Greater Rockridge NCPC web site.  I check it from time to time to make sure they haven't moved it somewhere else.  If you are the victim of a non-violent crime, use this link to report it to the police so it will be counted when they next assign personnel to areas of the city.

Upcoming 2019 Meetings

Date Location
June 20, 2019 Rockridge Library, College & Manila (Joint meeting with RCPC)
August 8, 2019 Rockridge Library, College & Manila (tentative)
October 10, 2019 Rockridge Library, College & Manila (tentative)
December 12, 2019 Rockridge Library, College & Manila (tentative)

Login Form